Friday, December 25, 2009

Do you think that teenagers should be allowed to take anti-depressants?

Please tell me why you think they should or shouldn't





thanksDo you think that teenagers should be allowed to take anti-depressants?
no, because according to wikipedia, they are still growing physically and that might upset their growth patterns. Plus, if adults who are taking it are already having side effects and troubles with their breathing/thoughts of suicide, etc, who knows what could happen if teens were taking that? I think it's all part of growing up to experience pain in life through relationships, etc and taking medication is certainly not going to stop that or prevent it from happening, and which they shouldn't anyway because how would they learn to survive? Before, people weren't so obssessed with medications (I believe) as much as nowadays and people let teens be teens, kids be kids and most of them turned out okay, at least the ones I see who are grown ups now.Do you think that teenagers should be allowed to take anti-depressants?
beer is the cause and solution to all of lifes problems!!!!!


No need for any other medication
Anti-depressants are a mind altering drug and sometimes affect you in weird ways. I take them and I can't see myself getting off them because I have tried and the withdrawals are scary! I would first try counseling first and try to get to the bottom of why they are depressed. Anti-depressants should be the last option.
Yes, but only as a last resort by doctors. Teenager suicide are very high, and if teens that need it have it, they would probably get over there depression problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment