Friday, December 25, 2009

Why Do You Think Teenagers Are Having Babies At Such A Young Age Out Of Wedlock?

THIS IS FOR A RESEARCH PAPER IN SCHOOL..Why Do You Think Teenagers Are Having Babies At Such A Young Age Out Of Wedlock?
the reason for having them out of wedlock is because there's not as much as a stigma attatched to unmarried mothers as ther used to be. My mom eloped when she was pregnant with me because she didn't want to ruin her family name. Back in like the 1800's, girls had babies young. Their families had them married off early because of what it took back then to care for a family. Today girls just don't have the right guidance. Seriously, 12 and pregnant? Where were the parents at?Why Do You Think Teenagers Are Having Babies At Such A Young Age Out Of Wedlock?
I am young (20) and got preg with my son at 18 (month away from 19th b-day). I do not think that they are getting pregnant on purpose, I didn't. It just happened and they kept the baby, since it would be the responsible thing to do. I have quite a few friends that were in the same grade as me that had babies, 14 as a matter of fact. None of them planned on it, but most are married to the daddy now.


I do not think it has anything to do with wanting attention or anything to that effect, it just happened. As for being unprotected, I am sure they do not regret it now. Sometimes it isn't all the girls fault anyway.
They are over-sexualized. Access to internet and more sexual material and information, glamorization of sex in the media, the notion that sex is 'cool' and makes them grown up, movies like Juno and Jamie Lynn Spears having babies, lessened parental involvment (than in previous generations).
Many reasons. Teenagers in general feel like they are invincible or ';it won't happen to me.'; I think many are in denial about the risks of unprotected sex. Some reasons may be no guidance at home, low self esteem, sexual abuse, rape, peer pressure or just immaturity/ naivety.
out of wedlock doesnt bother me as much as teenage pregnancy.





some teen pregnancy turn out to be great. if they have good support. and if they r wise.





the wedlock thing.. is old fashion... I, myself, got married before having my baby.. for me it was the step in life where my husband and i confirmed our love, our stability... then we had our first son. but i totally respect all the others.
do not assume they were not using birth control. no birth control is 100% effective and there are lots of people who have been on every type of birth control and have gotten pregnant. sure some want to get pregnant as teens but most were not planning it and most were using some kind of birth control
I was young when I had both my kids. I was 18 with my first and 19 with my second, I'm only 20 now. They both have to same father who happens to be my husband. He doesn't just have a job but a career and we provide for our children without the help of our parents or the government. People should stop being so judgemental.
Because the religious right wants us to believe that preaching abstinence is effective birth control. The US needs to get our head out of the sand and face up to the fact that teenagers are sexually active. We need a program that is 150% behind teaching kids REAL birth control.
For many reasons. However, I think that the underlying reason is a cry for attention (a bit more extreme, but teenage girls have always done something to get it), and because they want unconditional love. It's sad really.
its their decision and they decide to keep it even if its an accident becaus eits still a life and it deserves to live -joel
Because they want to have sex and don't use protection.
Because they cant get married until they are older.
Because they are having sex and not being careful about it!
Because they only think of themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment