Thursday, January 21, 2010

Do any parents or teenagers know why my teenage son does not wear shorts?

I have a 15 year old, both him and his friends do not wear shorts. We are in california, it's 100 degree's today and three of them went to the movies in jeans, black t-shirts, and another t-shirt underneath! Is this the fashion or something?Do any parents or teenagers know why my teenage son does not wear shorts?
When I was your son's age I never wore shorts because I had really skinny legs that I was teased about but it sounds like a fashion thing since him and all of his friends are dressed the same way.Do any parents or teenagers know why my teenage son does not wear shorts?
I'm 23 and I can count the times that I've worn shorts on one hand since I was a sophomore in high school. I just don't like them, even if it is very hot outside.
maybe they just like pants. i know it's different being a girl, but i don't really wear shorts... even when it's 102 degrees like today.
in 14 and half


and some boys dont wear shorts at my school either


most guys might not like them or they dont like there legs


some guys just love jeans and dont like ne thing else


that just must be his style along with his friends
Maybe he's just naturally cold. I know the style here in Florida is for boy to wear jeans at the beach.
Yep. Just like men shouldn't wear the same flipflops as women do.





Guys wear two shirts because the shirt on the inside substitutes as a wife beater.





Jeans and tennis shoes. I honestly think it's kind of tacky when guys wear denim shorts. It really accentuates hairy legs. There's nothing wrong with hairy legs on males in our society, but it's not like it's all so attractive either. Basketball shorts have always been something I favored though.





And I guess if he doesn't wear shorts at all, I can assume he wears his boxers to sleep, lol.





But you know, kids are kids, I'm one of them, and sometimes I don't understand why things are the way they are, but that's just how it is.





When most boys are true to one style, they'll stick to it.





The layered tee shirts and jeans are just a clean and simple look.





Then again, I've seen some guys with really large legs that just don't look good in them, and at the same time, it takes away from their shoes.





What I mean is when people look at your shoes, your jeans cover your legs and your shoes look good. But when peoples' attention goes to your legs, and if not in a positive way, they won't look into your shoes in the same way. Like tube socks, when you wear tube socks with really nice shoes, it just makes the shoes dorky. You have to know HOW-TO wear the clothing.
maybe he does not like shorts or ,maybe his friends would make fun of him for wearing shorts or he doesnt like his legs anyway dont worry about him and dont try to get him to wear shorts no teen likes adults telling them what to wear
It might be some kind of a style, or they just don't want to get sunburned, which is veary easy because of the temperature. Ask your son why he's wearing jeans? If you did, then you should get advice.
Hes gone to the emo side =x
I think your son and his freinds are EMO.
either he is


EMO (scary)


or


doesnt like to show his legs





but my brother is 15 and he wears shorts sooooooooooo and we live in LA too
well as the enlightened one i shall shed my grace upon ur demented son and his hairy friends....the first reason may or may not be that they have very unsually thick leg hair and do not wish to show this nasty fragment of insanity off to the normal public.... the second reason may be that you have a biological skater child wich means well you know what it means the dang skaters do not show off there disturbing legs...





budaiaa has graced you with his presence!
My nephew is the same way and he says it's because he is too hairy. Since he's 15 and just now growing into his body he may not like all of the changes he's undergoing. We insist that he put shorts on. We've also told him that we were going to cut his jeans off at the knee. :o) The one thing you might want to check for is 'cutting'. He probably isn't into it, but that may be one of the reasons he's hiding his skin. I tell my kids to either change or stay home. Maybe he just needs to get some new clothes.
Heh, im just about the same. I do not wear shorts simply because I don't like how they look. Its not the style im going for.
maybe he feels like it gosh!! now to be rudebut parents are so annoying u dont get kids to y try!
Eg-zactly!


My older son wouldn't wear shorts from sophomore year of high school to about 21.


Now my younger one is in it!


As long as their pants stay on, their shirts are not rude or obscene, let it go. We parents have to pick our arguments.


P.S. Older son cut his hair this year too! It has been long since 7th grade. Hooray!
It might just be a personality thing. I know a lot of teenage boys who wear nothing but shorts, even in 20 degree, rainy weather. They don't do it for style or anything (they don;t even have nice legs) - they just like shorts for some reason.





Boys are hard to decipher. If the pants make him uncomfortable enough, then he'll stop wearing them. For now, just let him be.

No comments:

Post a Comment