Tuesday, January 19, 2010

For all teenagers.How can i begin my book?

Two weeks ago i had a smashing idea for a fantasy series,but since i'm 16 i'm afraid that if i write the book it won't be that good.There're alot of authors out there far more talented than me.So how can i push myself to finish the book?.For all teenagers.How can i begin my book?
Well, the first step is to believe in your own talents. So what if you're 16? Flavia Bujor wrote her book 'The Prophecy of the Stones' when she was 13.





The second step is practice. You could start by writing a couple of paragraphs every day. In this way, you can enhance both your vocabulary and your writing skills.





Step three - write your story. You could write every day and then look back what you wrote the next day. In that way, you could edit your story for the better.





Some feedbacks won't also hurt. You can ask your siblings or your friends or even your parents to read what you wrote. Their advice as readers can help you to enhance your story.





Good luck.





Hope I helped!For all teenagers.How can i begin my book?
Writing, like any skill/talent, needs a lot of polishing, you will find ideas you had when you're younger tend to grow. I've had several ideas from my teen years that I am reworking and adding to now that I'm in my twenties, sometimes it's a good idea to write it down, maybe your current version might be unpolished, but perhaps in a few years, with a little more experience under your belt, you'll come back to it and be glad you wrote it down, cause if you're anything like me you'll have so many idea's you'll have trouble keeping track of them (i have great ideas but a bad memory so I carry a little notebook for sudden inspirations). Sometimes I'll go to read something I wrote years ago and it's like I'm reading a strangers writing, like 'thank-YOU past Me, don't mind if I borrow this idea do you...'; You'd be surprised how many 'great' movie and book ideas started out as daydreams in a high-school homeroom somewhere.
Hey, I'm 11 and I'm writing a fantasy novel too. Actually, I got the idea in the summer of last year, and it was really horrible, but I kept at it and revised it all the time. I didn't actually get to writing the good version until last month. I had no clue in heck how to start it, but I went with my gut and started it. Who really cares if it is good or not, just keep revising it until you like it, I'm a lot younger than you and it work for me. A lot of drastic changes might happen, lots of huge changes for me, but last month I had the feeling that the idea I have now will WPN all the other ideas that will come to mind and felt like I could write for it, and started writing. I still revise ideas all the time. When I say all I mean all, every second. I didn't think that mine would be good, but now I think it's good, the same goes for you. Who really cares if it's good or not? Just keep the idea, write it down somewhere and try to write, when you are older go back to it, make it better. When you start could you send me what you have for the story. We could like, story swap, that would be cool, wouldn't it?
You need to start practicing at some point.





If you are having a hard time writing from start-to-end, try bits of pieces of the story and fill in the gaps as you go along.





Maybe you won't finish it for a long time, heck maybe one day that story may be your greatest novel ever.





But the point is, practice. Who cares if nobody likes it. If it helps you get better, teaches you how to write and come up with other ideas. Then either way, you win.
Well, I'm fourteen and I've been writing since I was very young. If you really believe in that idea, run with it! Don't EVER let age stop you. Plenty of people your age write better than plenty of adults. All you need is a little practice and professional help. If you type in 'writer's workshop' on Google, you'll find tons of places that can help you improve as a writer.
Write a story about a 16 year old girl who was in a summer camp and when she came back she found another girl who is living in her house with her identity and which look just like her
have faith in what you do. Don't doubt it when you start doubting thats when you bring the book down

No comments:

Post a Comment