Thursday, January 21, 2010

I am writing a paper on Parents and their teenagers.?

I'm just looking for people's stories about how strict their parents are or were. And any punishments that they gave. Also any stories about how easy going and lenient your parents are. Just need stories. Please help!I am writing a paper on Parents and their teenagers.?
Stories huh? Well, my mom can be very easy going and fun, and then the next minute, strict and difficult.





* I am 14 *





Here are some examples to back me up :





Easy going fun mom :





Rented me and my friends a hotel room for the night without parent supervision. [She went home, we stayed at hotel]








Strict and difficult mom :





She wouldn't let me go to the ';big'; mall with my friends even though the mom would be somewhere in the mall, just got directly with us. She reason was because there are boys at the mall.. O.o





Easy going fun mom :





Gave me 40 dollars to go shopping with my friends.





Strict and difficult mom :





Grounded me for 2 days for saying ';Shut up'; to my sister.





Easy going fun mom :





Always buys me brand name clothes.





Strict and difficult mom :





Won't let me date until I am 18.





Easy going fun mom :





Took me on a car ride, downtown, at 4 in the morning to watch drunks falling around and laugh.





Strict and difficult mom :





Grounded for 2 months for getting 1 C and 1 C+ on my report card. The rest were A's and B's.





That's my mom..I am writing a paper on Parents and their teenagers.?
Although my mom died 21 years ago, I remember well how I was raised...she was a single parent raising two daughters. Me and my sister who is thirteen years older than me.


She wasn't so much strict, as she was set on how we should act.


I had curfews according to my age (the older I got, the later they became).


I could not ';mouth off'; to an adult. I had to say ';please'; and ';thank you'; and otherwise, show respect toward adults or else I'd get the dreaded ';look';. The look every Black child knows means, ';straighten up or I'll straighten you out!'; And no, she would not wait ';till we got home';, you'd get punished - either spanked or scolded in some way - right then and there. This way, you know what and why, and most importantly, you weren't so quick to try it again any time soon.


I also remember a time when I did something, and she made me ';get a switch'; to beat me with. It sounds cruel, and it was embarrassing (done in front of friends), but it got the point across...';don't do it again!';


For all I did as a teen, I was blessed to have the mom I did, or else I might not have turned out to be the great woman I am today.


Thanks Mom!
Hahaha I am the perfect person to answer this question. I am 20 and my parents are still RIDICULOUSLY strict. They know where I am every minute of the day, and if there is a time that they dont, they are calling my cell. I have a one o clock curfew. I am not allowed to go to parties or stay the night out. My parents know everything about my finances. They even know the password to look at my work schedule online. The thing is, I dont think of my parents as uptight. I wasnt really sheltered or anything, They aren't snobby or pretentious. They just want to keep me in their sights forever. They are having a really difficult time letting go. I desperately need to move out!
When my parents were together my mom was the bad guy and my dad the good. My dad let us eat dessert first and then not eat veggies. he let us do whatever when i was 7 they split up. After that my mom became the good bad guy. She spanked us ... used bar soap and scraped it against our teeth when we swore then dumped liquid soap and made us leave for an hour.... when i got my first minor in possession of alcohol... she blamed herself and the death of my brother (she drinks) so she didnt punish me. My mom is the best mom in the world and with out her i wouldnt be who i am today. When i was younger i thought she was the strictest mom in the world but looking back today i am so grateful for everything she taught me to be and everything she instilled in me. When i think about how angry she used to get i know why if i had to raise three kids with no child support on 25000 a year i would occassionally be angry... ihope this helps
hhhmm


just me and my mom ...my dad is in prison and has been since i was 3 for trying to kill me and my mom.


my mom and i are both add and im adhd we dont get along at all..


she has anger issues and shes had cps called on her b4 im literally afraid of..her but..when you dont really know her you would think shes a perfect angel...also ..somtimes she can be nice if were not argueing idk shes really confuzing

No comments:

Post a Comment