Tuesday, May 11, 2010

As a parent I believe teenagers should have rules and consequences when they are broken.

Our son broke our rule and my husband and I disagreed on the consequence. We didn't discuss our differences we argued instead. The next morning our son wanted to go off with his girlfriend I disagreed but my husband let him go anyway and we argued more after he left. This particular rule has been broken almost consistently over a year now and our son continually keeps breaking it. I do not feel that giving in to his continued disrespect of this rule was the right choice. As a parent I believe teenagers should have rules and consequences when they are broken.
You and your husband need to agree on consequences. Right now, your son is caught between two very different parenting styles.





Stop arguing about it, DISCUSS it, come to a conclusion, and then be consistent about it. As a parent I believe teenagers should have rules and consequences when they are broken.
Was the rule a little bit over protective? If it has been constantly broken over a year you obviously arent inforcing it very well. Sometimes parents get a bit too protective. When I had my license for 3 months I was still not allowed to drive on any major highways or roads. I felt like it was slowing my driving abilities down, so I got someone and they took me on the roads to practice driving.





If I didn't break that ';rule'; I would probably be still too nervous to drive on any major roads.
Well, you need to present a united front. I agree that what happened wasn't the right thing to do, but being united also doesn't mean he has to agree with you, it means you have to find a middle ground of what he thinks and what you think, and stick with it! You can't give your son all these different messages, because it's bound to make him confused and/or take advantage.
Discipline is always good for a child, but only when there around 13 or younger. By the time they're a teenager, they need to do their own thing and learn from their own actions. If you did a good job parenting them in the past, then they should know right from wrong. Once your child is a teenager, they become headstrong and rebellious. So i suggest dont discipline him, but talk to him about it.
Depends on the Rule what was it
ok so dnt u no rules r ther 2 be broken?





yh u do have a point!
you are apsalutly right


to feel this way!!
i think i could help you more if i knew what rule it was...
You have a point, but what's the question?

No comments:

Post a Comment