Tuesday, May 11, 2010

How do you deal with teenagers who think they are the greatest thing to happen to the human race?

I work with a young lady who thinks she's just the best and because I'm new, she thinks she can tell me how to do a job I was doing when she was in high school. She's been driving me nuts. I can't handle the power tripping baby. Should I just give her a bottle and blankey and tell her to go away and let the adults work?How do you deal with teenagers who think they are the greatest thing to happen to the human race?
You should deal with her straight up!


Is she any kind of supervisor?


If not, tell her in a kind, but FIRM way that her help is not needed...Thanks.


Eg. ';Sweetheart, I really appreciate all the help you THINK I need but I got this. How about this, if I do need something I consider asking you. I've been doing this for longer than you know!!';


Dont wait for her to respond before you walk away and by chance that she does...


Clue her in on that was a statement and not a debate.


Remember to smile and say thanks when your done,oh and call her a few, ';dear's and throw in a precious';


LOL. I really got into this, didnt I. But I really do feel you. I go to school with girls who are alot younger than me and they can make you...I'll be nice.


Love you Andy


AngiHow do you deal with teenagers who think they are the greatest thing to happen to the human race?
You are new. Avoid conflict or else all of your co-workers and manager will start talking about you being the one with the problem.





Instead, find out what other people who work there think about this girl. Ask indirect questions to see if they think the same as you do. If they do, it is her problem, and not yours.





Once you know what everybody else thinks about her, ask them how they handle it. Keep your since of humor, actually listen to her suggestions and use the ones that work, and bring up the bad suggestions at group meetings. Don't say they came from this girl, just get the work issues on the table to be resolved.





Don't take your work personally - its just work. Look at it in a detached kind of way.
I would ignore her plus give her the bottle. I have a co-worker like that. Thank God she works in a different department because I would probably end up punching her.
Show up her up, dude! Show her how the ';oldies'; do it better!
LOL Yes! If that doesn't work, you can tell her that she is NOT the greatest thing to happen to the human race, because YOU are!
Wow, after reading the headline, I was going to say ';HAVE THEM GET A JOB';, but now I see my opinion is irrelevant.





Ask her if she thinks that you don't know how to do it. Press her to answer you honestly.
Show her you can do better.
Does she annoy the others too? If so, I'd try to form a bond with them and gang up on her (Wow...I sound vicious tonight). If that doesn't work, self medication and a few shooters will help you forget about the totally insignificant ppl at your job. :)
I'm a teenager, but I totally know how you feel. My little brother acts the same way. It's even worst in school. I may only be 16, but I am very mature. I just flick him off every time he's not looking. Then I laugh when I do it. It helps. You should try it. lol!
Haha-- give it a while.....





OR put Vaseline on the floor and just stand back and watch the magic happen ;)
Well just do a better job than she does.
tell her off.... and be mean about it

No comments:

Post a Comment