Thursday, May 13, 2010

Do most teenagers actually believe that they're smarter than their parents?

Why?Do most teenagers actually believe that they're smarter than their parents?
I have no idea. Im 13 and I know that my parents are smarter in some ways. And I always respect my elders.





I think ANYONE should respect their elders, even if they are a 27 year old talking to a 50 year old, its an age thing. I will always listen to people who are older than me (and even if theyre younger i will listen).Do most teenagers actually believe that they're smarter than their parents?
i am more book smart but they r more expierenced so i would say they r smarter
oh well, when they thought they knew everything, they'd already jump right into it. teens do mostly think that they are smarter than their parents. well i think sometimes they are right. like when you had already know the answer but then your parents are just like '; no i'm right!!'; lol. or sometimes they just... don't really get the fact how they're child has been and they must have acted for their rights just because parents knew everything. Forgive them is the best thing in this situation. oops.. i'm way too far ahead.. well hope it's useful for you
Some teenagers actually are smarter than they're parents but the majority of them aren't. They think that they are because they want to seem more mature. They think that saying they are smarter will make them smarter.
if there so smart how come there still living at home,with mommy and daddy.parents dont get nice homes and jobs by being stupid
y yes, of course
I don't believe I'm smarter than my parents, though I am more informed on certain topics that they aren't. The only reason I know I'm more informed on certain topics is because I have decided to further my education in a field that they aren't interested in.
yea
because they haven't faced responsibilities and don't realize how hard life is. when they move out and try to make it on their own things change a bit.





remember, the ones who are parents now also thought they were smarter than their parents when they were teens.





it's just the way of life.
yea i am smarter tthan them.
It depends by what you mean about smarter. In terms of school education, I do believe I am smarter. Most of the things I learn in school weren't known when my parents were growing up. Also, the curriculum is tougher and I've had better educational opportunities through integration. As far as experience goes, my parents are smarter in most aspects.
lol yes because they havent went through the things their parents have, we realize eventuallyy we dont know everything once we reach about 17
I don't think that they can help it; for some reason, when you get to be a teen, you start wanting to strike out on your own and you see your parents as old-fashioned and dull, and your OWN ideas as new and progressive. Not all of them think that way, of course, but I think that's why the ones that do. . .do.
I dont believe Im smarter than my parents, just have more knoledge on ';up-to-date'; things, like...... fashion and music ect
YEA I DO LOL
i thought I knew more than my parents,,,boy was I wrong. Why do they think that way..I don't really know. Guess the only way I can rationalize it is they want to do their own thing...they make themselves believe that they know best..when in fact they find themselve in a whole heap of trouble.
most teenagers think about what is best for them not know that his/her parents has bin thru more then the teenager. i think if ur having this problem you should stop and think about how the parent feels on the situation then you can go ahead and do whats best. =)
I didn't think I was, but once you become an adult you start to realize just how much you didn't know as a teen

No comments:

Post a Comment