Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Do teenagers have any say in whether or not they get a vaccine?

Certain vaccines are required- nobody really has a choice when it comes to the state health requirements. However, things like Gardasil and others similar I think should be under consent by the teenager AND parent.Do teenagers have any say in whether or not they get a vaccine?
Nearly all states allow you to file a vaccine exemption form for either religious or philosophical reasons. It does not matter whether the vaccine is ';mandatory'; or not, in reality all vaccines are simply recommended.


Vaccines are the cause of more health problems than they supposedly prevent. Just look at the deteriorating health of our nation as a whole. The US is the most highly vaccinated country in the world and enjoys the rank of second worst for quality of health and vitality out of any other developed country in the world. Odd ';coincidence'; huh?Do teenagers have any say in whether or not they get a vaccine?
It depends ... if it's something required by the state to enter school or college, then probably not. BUt if you're talking like the Gardisil vaccine, I think you should talk to your parents about it first. At least one state, New Jersey, I believe, is beginning to require it, which I think is crap. It becomes more of a personal issue, then. It's your body, but you should definitely talk to your parents.
it depends what vaccine it is. and it depends on the parents. if they decide everything for the teenager, its most likely they'll take you to get a vaccine without consulting you first. if you dont want a vaccine for something that isnt mandatory, try talking and reasoning with them
It depends on what the vaccine is. But you probably want the vaccine so you don't get some yucky disease. If you don't want a vaccine that's not required, you should have a good reason, you shouldn't just say no to be difficult.
My doctor said that I should get the Gardasil vaccine but I refused to and my mom was fine with it because it's MY body and I should have a say in what goes into it.
Yes!


They do its there lives,Not the parents ,school,doctors etc.


I chose to gt all my vaccines but there are some dangers of getting them so some parents tell there children not to get them.So my answer is yes.
There are ones that you need to get for school, but other than that, you can decide if you want them or not. Like the flu shot, or Gardasil.
usually they do.


unless its required by school or something.


its your body, not your doctors, or you moms.
no, vaccines are required for school..you even have to get them or provide proof of vaccination when you go off to college
nope because most are state required for everyone not just teenagers so you have no say
not not really! sorry!
No, I've just been forced into having 2. And I don't even know what they're for...
Not really, I don't think.
no
no

No comments:

Post a Comment