Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Do teenagers still hang out at the mall?

When I was in high-school (late '90s) we were always at the mall in our little Hot-Topic goth outfits (yark) making a nuisance of ourselves.Do teenagers still hang out at the mall?
last I knew, but that was long ago in another state and state of mind, and a different lifetime.Do teenagers still hang out at the mall?
Yes however in my area there are quite a few malls that have started enforcing a crew-few. If your under 18 you must have an adult with you, if your there after 8:30pm or 9pm. obviously the teens don鈥檛 care for it. However it鈥檚 gotten positive views from families with young children. There was one mall in my area that had quite a bit of teens getting into fights but that鈥檚 been less now that the curfew went into effect.





When I was in my pre teens, me and some friends went to the mall quite regular on Friday and Saturdays.
Yeah, they still do. I've always thought they looked like losers. Not the whole goth thing--I've no problem with that. I mean kids in general that go to the mall and stand around. My friends tried to get me to do that a few times, but it just seemed so pointless. Maybe I just wasn't much fun, but if I wasn't going to buy anything then I just didn't see the point in going. It's almost depressing. You go, you have no money, and you just stand there and watch all the other people buy everything you want. I'd rather just stay home.
yeah, they do. where i live they were causing so much of a problem, the mall actually had to put a cerfew in place for them. no one age 18 or under is allowed in without someone 21 or older with them after 2 pm on fridays, saturdays, or sundays. also, the mall cops will card you if you come through the door and ';look like you may cause trouble';...





its a pain in the ***...my fiance and i tend to look pretty bad ***. im goth, hes a rocker. he cant wear his long leather trench coat any more without getting carded there, and i get yelled at when my pants have straps. its so dumb because we are probably the most boring straight laced couple other wise, we just dress a little differant. we arent gonna cause trouble...besides that we're both 21. the mall cops actually have wirst bands that they can give you if you dont want to get carded again...everytime they ask me if i want a wrist band i say ';no, because this is a mall, not a theme park';





all because of the little bratty mall rats today. ugh





edit! theres a dude above me talking about a mall in milwaukee! thats the mall im talking about! its got a crime rate higher then the three closest malls to it combined. the cerfew things have brought that down, but you can tell business there is slumping bad...
I guess


My town has a crappy mall, and there's nothing to do, thus we have one of the highest pregnancy rates in the nation! Whoo!


(I'm not pregnant btw)


Not to mention there's at least 2 but probably more kids who do drugs in every one of my classes
most teens b/t the ages of 13-16...after age 16 when most of them get cars they tend to find better things to do...like sneak into clubs


or they can just chill at someone's house after they get done shopping
many do, but alot of malls are starting to put policies in place to make the loitering by unaccompanied youths more difficult.





A mall in Milwaukee requires anyone under 18 to be accompanied by an adult for certain hours in the evening.
yep! they still do.





as a teenager, I never saw the novelty in hanging out at malls...


and to this day, I still don't get it!
yes
I LOVE HOT TOPIC!!!


yea. me and my friends always hang there.


so much fun


=]
YES! and I'm still at hot topic in my gothy outfit
They definitely do in Canada.....and they also hang out in McDonald's......
yeah, i defintely still see them there. but way different than the tiffany and debbie gibson mall conert days. all on their respective cell phones, and with their ipods on etc.
mmm somtime yeah i guess

No comments:

Post a Comment