Thursday, May 13, 2010

How do you feel about your teenager riding in cars with other teenagers?

At 16 alot of kids get their license to drive and I'm not really happy about letting my kids get into those cars, those kids with hardly no driving experience worry me.How do you feel about your teenager riding in cars with other teenagers?
I'm worried about it too...my daughter and her friends will be 16 soon. Most of the kids here at least take driver's education though. Also the licenses are graduated....they don't get to drive after dark for awhile and are limited to number of passengers.How do you feel about your teenager riding in cars with other teenagers?
I see crappy drivers of all ages on the road.
It's a recipe for disaster. But if not 16, then when? They have to get out on their own sooner or later. The sooner they make mistakes, the sooner they can learn from them.
Worrisome, isn't it? At that age even the best of kids don't have as good a judgment as you wish they did.
I was absolutely terrified for each of my children. I finally gave in and bought each one a car when they were old enough to drive. I knew how my own children drove, but I didn't know about their friends. i would rather pay for the car and have my kids drive themselves than let them ride with dangerous drivers.
I wish when we had kids that we were given a manual because I would have read it.It's not easy these days because they grow up so fast.I have a teenager and I don't let her get into other peoples cars but what they do behind are backs is what is hard.What is hard is finding out what they have done later but I thank God everyday for watching over her.
Don't like it, Did NOT let them do that as long as they lived under my roof, ate my food, and wore the clothes I provided ... it was for their own SAFETY. Too many of these kids are driving withOUT insurance -- which is EVEN WORSE and very irresponsible with driving and the vehicles too.
If you want your kid dead or maimed let them ride together
I don't like it and I don't allow it if I can at all prevent it. Sometimes there are some exceptions though. Didn't know it would be this tough.
Your right to feel that way. They form the largest demographic of most countries to have accidents/deaths until about the age of 25.





**Don't** let your kids go unmanaged unless you know exactly how emotionally stable the driver is.





Don't let your kids learn to drive until they are 21. I know this sounds really bad but after having two girlfriends of my eldest daughter killed in two separate car accidents you want the very best for your kids and driving a car isn't one of them.





The other side to this is you have to be prepared to go that extra bit for the kids in driving them around. You take them to the movies, wait the two hours and then bring them home. If it gets boring you ask yourself ... ';how precious is my kid's lives'; and for it I have two wonderful girls out in the world and both able to drive now and a grandchild as well.
It wasn't long ago I was a teenager wanting ot ride with my friends (I'm 21), and I can honestly say that almost 100% of my friends drove better than my own parents. Alot of teens are too scared of the thought of driving to be stupid with it. There are accidents, and the media makes a big deal about it, but there are also accidents caused by people who have been driving for years each and every day. In my opinion, I would take it case by case. For example, I wouldn't let my child ride to or from a concert with a friend. The energy level is too high and people get stupid off the adrenaline after the show. To Wal-Mart....a different story. I would also take it driver by driver. For the most part you can tell which one's are idiots behind the wheel.

No comments:

Post a Comment